100% Sankey by Richard Kaufman

After collaboration on the book Sankey Panky in 1986, Jay Sankey and Richard Kaufman collaborated together on this second book 100 % Sankey.

100% Sankey is a book written and illustrated by Richard Kaufman, edited by Matthew Field, Mark Phillips and Jay Sankey, published by Kaufman and Company (Kaufman and Greenberg) in 1990.

In the foreword Jay writes: “Things change, and my magic and I are no exception. Looking back to 1986, to the thoughts and feeling I expressed in the last few pages of Sankey Panky, I realize that though I still believe some of the things I wrote then, my magic has nonetheless moved on to other things. For instance, where I once tried to make my magic as visual as possible, I'm now actively exploring what I call the “Theater of the Imagination”, developing new routines and reworking old and faithful ones.”

Inside the book you will find twenty-nine great effects with cards, coins, bills, spoons, straws etc. (see picture with table of contents) followed by clear illustrations and credits. The effects are explained in detail, each within two, three or more pages.

If you are beginner maybe you will have a hard time reading this because some of effects require some knowledge of sleight of hand, but don’t let this discourage you. If you are a fan of Jay Sankey and his magic, I would definitely recommend this book.

The quote at the end of the book sums up Jay’s whole philosophy:

“The man who has lost his power of wonder is a dead man“ Albert Einstein


“100% Sankey “-  86 pages, hardbound with dust jacket, black and white illustrations.

https://www.facebook.com/OnTheMagiciansBookshelf/







PS: Special thanks goes to Lee Alex for editing text.




Primjedbe