The Magic of Houdini


For my first review I chose The Magic of Houdini by Gyles  Brandreth and John Morley with illustrations by Clare Hatcher published by Pelham books (UK) 1978.

There is no special reason why I picked this book for my first review; simply I've been carrying it for a long time in my bag, and now, when I have the idea to make a page for reviewing  books, may be is the time to finally read it.

I love magic, I love books, and I love to write, so let's enter the world of words and magic.
The book begins with general information on Harry Houdini and his life, and there are also a few pictures of Houdini himself from the John Salisse collection.

Within these pages you discover where Houdini was born, how his career began, how the name Houdini (real name was Ehrich Weiss) evolved and other such information.

The book is divided into five parts, namely:  The Man of Magic, The Card King, The Master Magician, The Escapologist Extraordinary and The Great Illusionist.

The book contains simple and advanced effects on card and general magic. Some of Houdini’s big illusions are also described within. Each effect is described to the point and the accompanying illustrations, which are beautiful, make this a very enjoyable read, easy to understand, and I can highly recommend it.

The Magic of Houdini - 144 pages, Hardbound.

Black and white photographs


                                                                          






PS: Special thanks goes to Lee Alex for editing text.

Primjedbe